Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Writer's Police Academy!

I'm so excited that I'm going to attend this! This is a place where mystery writers learn to get it right. It's run by some police personnel and designed to give writers the lowdown on how they operate.

There are a few things I've picked up from courses and from the Citizens’ Police Academy I attended in Austin, TX. Things like--don't put biodegradable clues into plastic bags. They should be saved in paper bags, contrary to what people do on TV shows.

This event, though, is geared toward things mystery writers need to know. Should be fun!

We writers are so fortunate that Lee Lofland, retired police officer, loves to work with us enough to put this on each year.

There are some things we can’t photograph, but I hope to bring back a good report when I return. I’m visiting some East Coast family after the academy, so I won’t be posting next week, but the week after, should have a report.

Meanwhile, if you don’t have a copy of FAT CAT AT LARGE yet, it’s in the bookstore! If you have a copy and liked reading it, please consider posting a review online.

I need to thank all my supporters and readers for lifting me to the clouds for my book launch. It’s been a fun time!



No comments:

Post a Comment